Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone able to get steady capture with Morgan MJPEG Codec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone able to get steady capture with Morgan MJPEG Codec?

Well if you read my other post you'd know that i'm having problems using Matrox's Hardware MJPEG capture. I've been searching around and been reading. I've noticed that if I playback the files that have corrupted frames that they do Green Flashes in PC-VCR. On the forum i've read that during these frames the datarate is too high and causes it to choke. Well this is most likely the issue considering this only happens to me on SVHS and DVD, and it seems to only happen when subtitles appear. Well one person said in his video there are "Camera Flashes" that trigger the Green Flashes, well Subtitles come in and out just like Camera Flashes do. So now there's no way for me to get this fixed, unless I push the video to another compressor or lower the MJPEG datarate (which I refuse to do).

Now on to the Morgan MJPEG codec. I installed this today and I can't seem to get a steady capture. It seems to drop a large amount of frames. I'm on an Athlon TBird 1GHZ, and the CPU usage never goes above 40%, and the data rate isn't large enough to choke the hard drive. Nevertheless it still drops frames like crazy if I keep all the quality settings high, If i set it to Fast Integer and the quality to about 70% then it's somewhat stable. If I set it to capture only one field then its 100% stable, but what's the use of capturing only 1 field :P.

Try the PicVideo codec. It works great here at HQ settings (Duron800@1026) nearly without dropping frames (approx 1 frame per 5-10mins is dropped even though CPU usage is at about 40%, maybe it's a Win2k issue) - of course with full-res captures.
    It also can capture files larger than 4GB with NTFS drives. And the best thing: it's free.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
    X