Raid Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raid Questions

Ok, I have 3 drives right now. And they're all on the Highpoint controller. C, D and E.

Now, I want to remove drive E and put that on the other onboard IDE1 controller. And buy 2 new drives and put that on the other raid slot on my KT7-RAID.

This is the problem.. If I do this, what drive letter will the drive I moved (Drive E) get now? The highpoint controller is set to have my ATA-100 drive as boot, but what will the moved drive be now? D? I can't let it change to D becuase all my programs are on D. Is there a way I can assign it so it gets E again and the two new drives get F and G?

I am not sure about renaming the drive letter, you may be able to do that, but I believe Norton System works has an App that will re-map all of your programs to the new directories. I think that it scans all of your shortcuts, registry and .exes to figure out what belongs where. You may want to check out their website.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
    X