Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel & Morgan Codec Problems......Desperately in need of help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel & Morgan Codec Problems......Desperately in need of help!

This has been covered before but I have read everything I can find and tried everything I can to the limit of my knowledge....

I purchased a G400 Marvel card last year and have had many problems (green flashes & stripes etc..). It was replaced and I still have problems so thought I would try using a software codec in the short term as at the moment I cannot capture any video. (Just for reference my origianl RR & then my G200 captured beautifully).

So...I have the Morgan codec (V2) installed as per instructions. I suppose what I want is to replace the Matrox codec but the line I need to remove from my system.ini file does not exist.

Every time I try to play/capture the Matrox Codec comes into play. Also when I load the Ulead video capture program, the Matrox Vidcap driver loads so I cannot use any other codec.

What do I need to do to capture & play MJPEG files using purely the Morgan codec? And will my PIII-500 do the job? If not what would be the min CPU spec to capture at 704*576 25fps?

I really do need help with this as I do not know what else to do and would be most grateful if someone could give me some pointers.

I use the full version of Mediastudio Pro 5.2 (which the Morgan codec is apparantly compliant with).

Many thanks
    Andrew Wright

To do this effectively you don't really have to disable the Matrox codec totally to do captures. You just have to know how to cheat ;-))

Firstly enable the YUY2 hack by Flying Dutchman. You can get that from the download page of Desktop Video World;

http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/DTVW_downloads.htm

Now get the AVI_IO capture program;

http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/index.html

Set AVI_IO up for 27.970 fps, one of the Matrox compatable audio data rates (16 bit and either 11, 22 or 44.1khz) and YUY2 captures of the frame size you require. Now choose your alternative codec (Morgan in this case) and do your capture.

For playback I believe Morgans website has extensive info on setting it up as the default fourCC for MJPeg playback.

Just be aware: you'll need a fairly fast CPU to pull this off for full frame video. I'd use a 600 mhz PIII/CeleronII/Duron/Athlon or faster.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 15 January 2001).]

Comment

You'll also need to have VidTools 1.52 on your system. YUY2 hack does not work to nicely with the latest VT 1.54.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Thanks very much for your suggestion....tried this but my PIII-500 is obviously not up to it. 50% of my frames are dropped when trying to capture full frame video.

I am now at a loss. I have been capturing video for the past 3 years without problem but with this G400 card I have had nothing but problems. I have the latest drivers etc...are there undocumented problems that anyone knows about?

Andrew

Comment

Hi!
          I tried exactly the same thing and get "No buffers allocated". What is this?

Comment

Working...
          X