Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there some way to turn off the de-interlacing on YUY2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there some way to turn off the de-interlacing on YUY2?

Hi!
    When I use a YUY2 as a capture alternative the image is automatically de-interlaced and as a result I get a totally blured image. Is there some way to turn of the de-interlace?

As far as I know, the blur cannot be turned off. The only way seems to be to hack the drivers. The YUY2 format is not supported by Matrox so it is understandable that driver SW for it is half-finished. What card do you have? Marvel G400TV? Do you capture PAL signal? NTSC users are probably not affected by the lovely deinterlacing.

Comment

I've got G200 NTSC. The image is not bad, especially if I apply some sharpening, but honestly, the capture from my previous All in Wonder is much better. It would be a good idea if someone write a hack to turn on/off the de-interlace.

Comment

Is full screen MJPEG also deinterlaced on your G200 or is it blatantly sharper than YUY2?

Comment

I know that this is probably not what you are looking for, but I have had so nuch trouble with Huuf caps that I rarely use it. I also feel that it is a litlle blurry and a pain to edit with. It is also creates a fairly big file. I found happiness after increasing the quality settings according to this http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/...trox.htm#Mat30 . I am using a setting around 84 or something and get about 3.??to 1 compression ratio. The image is great and MSP6 loves it. It also looks good compressing to MPEG2 for SVCD. If you haven't tried it and you've got a decent system, go for it and check it out. It's a quick hack and is easy to revert back to the original, just click on one of the qualioty buttons in the MJPEG setup. It also works in avi_io.
          WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I've got PIII 800, 256MB RAM and ATA-100, 7200rpm 40Gig hard drive. The fact that I spent so much money and I am not able to capture anything close to normal drives me crazy.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sciascia:
              http://idiots-guide.matroxusers.com/...trox.htm#Mat30 . I am using a setting around 84 or something and get about 3.??to 1 compression ratio.

I didn't try it but in that registry key branch there is also a key called "Sharpness" and it defaults to "500". Anybody tried changing it?

Luke

Comment

Working...
              X