Video Playback not smooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Playback not smooth

I have created a number of MJPEG AVI files and wish to record them onto video tape in sequence. I can play them smoothly with Windows Media Player 7 or the Matrox VCR but the transition between them takes a few seconds leaving the screen blank. I have tried printing to video or previewing in Premiere but the playback of the images is jerky on both the TV and Computer. I have reviewed all the information with the Matrox Marvel G200 card, settings in Premiere have everything at the same video settings, there is plenty of RAM (512) and 50GB of UDMA 66 with the playback video files on a second hard-drive on the second bus on my PIII 500. I have exported the AVI files and have imported them back into a new Premiere project with no builds, effects of transitions etc. I am using W2k for editing and Win Me for capture and playback as there are too many PCI cards and IRQ conflicts with w2k. I have disabled all PCI cards in Me except the Marvel and SoundBlaster, capture and playback work fine (for a single file). Operating systems are on 1st hard drive and original footage is on one partition on another drive and playback files on a second partition.

Is there a way to either get the files to play sequentially smoothly with the Matrox VCR (or Win media Player) or preview smoothly in Premiere?
Working...
X