Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB capture devices

Hi YA Folks,
    Would you recommend the use of these types of devices for analogue capture then burn onto CD or DVD. I was looking at the Plextor Convertx USB Digital Video Converter or the ADS DVD Xpress. They look good on paper but thats about all I know about these things. I know it's probably not as great as the canopus advc boxes, but are they better than my Matrox mavel using AV_IO. Any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Have a great weekend.
    R

Sorry guys,
    Just wanted to bump this up, as my Father in law is bugging me about this some more.
    Thanks

Comment

Here's a starting point.

paulw

Comment

I've had mixed results with the ADS Tech USB MPEG2 capture devices (InstantDVD etc.). Works on some systems, but not on others. Their tech support while a bit better than average (not that the average is very high) has no solutions.Basically it either works fine or randomly stops capturing leaving the device

Quality was really quite good on a system where it worked.

Bottom line, its worth a try, but only if you can buy it from a place that'll take it back without hassle if it doesn't work on your system. But then this advice would apply to anything involving video capture/editing with computers.

OT: tech support. My brother-in-law had to reconnect his Linksys Cable/DSL router box but had misplaced the power supply, when he found one, he wasn't sure if it was the correct wall wart supply so he called Linksys Tech Support. It was pretty clear the guy in India, or wherever, had never actually seen the physical device he was trying to support!

--wally.

Comment

Wow,
          Thanks wkulecz,
          So the quality is good enough to give it a try, but you're taking a chance due to compatiblity with certain computers. Sounds pretty safe for my father in law to try.
          Do you have any comments on video quality between the ADS and a Matrox marvel and Canopus ADVC?
          Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X