• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer DVR2000 Stand Alone DVD Recorder

I can't describe how badly I want one of these:

http://www.planetjapan.org/pages2/dvr2000review.html

Some comments from the Planet Japan folks below the following line:

We've just about finished our preliminary testing of the DVR2000 and we are very impressed. My advice is to not put too much time, effort, or money into learning how to burn video CDs--it will very soon be a thing of the past.

The quality of the DVD video is simply superb--almost identical to the original DV/DVcam material. These results are backed up by our early adopters including one very experienced videographer and WEVA member who was floored. We predict that once your customers have seen DVD quality, they won't want anything else. And that day will be here sooner than many of us imagine.

Operating the DVR2000 is push-button simple. I for one did not think it would be possible to make DVDs of such high quality so easily for some time yet. This is undeniably a breakthrough product.

The standard menus are professional-quality and all in English. Inputting letters individually for titles is a little slow compared to using a keyboard, but on the whole, the entire DVD authoring process with this machine is lightning fast.

Compatibility so far is outstanding--much better than we imagined. These DVDs have so far played back perfectly on everything we've tested them with--Macs, iMacs, Sony Playstations, standalone DVD players from Sony, JVC, Sharp, Hitachi, and of course, Pioneer (region 1 and region 2). The only trouble we've heard about so far was playback on an $89 Apex machine that skipped a bit.

For videographers who like to focus on the shoot and on their customers rather than on learning software and encoding programs, this machine is a Godsend.

For anyone who wants to get into the game of transfering VHS/S-VHS tapes to DVD, I can't think of a better combination than the Sony WV-DR7 and the Pioneer DVR2000. They work exceptionally well together.

Please come by and visit our web site if you have a chance.

[This message has been edited by Jerrold Jones (edited 25 January 2001).]

Cost? I assume this is burning DVD-R and not DVD-RW.

I'm still waiting on the Pioneer DVR-103, personally.

Comment

Cost: ~$3000. Its not clear if they will ship it to the US or if it will be allowed in if they do :-(

This thing is Hollywood's worst nightmare! perhaps we should make a movie about it :-)

--wally.

Comment

Working...
      X