Premier Pro Problem RTX100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Pro Problem RTX100

I was wondering if anyone could throw some light onto a problem I've been having for a while now.

My setup consists of P4 - 2.53, 1280Mb Ram, 3 Hard drives, RTX 100, Santa Cruz SC, WinXP.

Problem is that when I am trying to edit a clip in PPRO if I have my originally captured clip in the left hand monitor window and the play the clip, mark the in & out points and then press " , " it drops the clip to the timeline and moves the marker with the red line on the timeline just to the right of the last frame.

If I then go back to the left monitor window and press "space" or "L" to play the video is very jumpy and only plays very slowly looks like about half speed. If I then go to the timeline and move the marker with the redline so that it is over one of the already dropped in clips it works fine again. As soon as I move the timeline marker off one of the clips and go back to the left monitor window to set my next in and out points the problem re occurs.

It seems like either PPRO or the RTX100 needs to have an active clip in the right hand monitor window before it will allow proper playback in the left hand window.

i'm using standard Matrox capture utility and NTFS file system.

Very frustrating and Prem 6.5 does not show this problem.

TIA POOH
    Last edited by Pooh; 9 April 2004, 00:43.
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Are you sure you start Premiere Pro using the Matrox DV presets?

Thanks,
    Elie

Comment

I've checked the settings inside and out and they seem to be all set correctly, i.e. Matrox DV

I've tried uninstalling & re-installing even a clean reinstall of windows to no avail.

Could it be anything to do with the G400 Flex3d I'm using from my old RT2000.

I have not given that much thought as everything worked fine with Prem 6.5

Comment

Do you have another AGP video card you can use for testing purposes?

Give that a try first and see what happens.

[quote[Problem is that when I am trying to edit a clip in PPRO if I have my originally captured clip in the left hand monitor window and the play the clip, mark the in & out points and then press " , " it drops the clip to the timeline and moves the marker with the red line on the timeline just to the right of the last frame.[/quote]

Is this the only time your get the red render bar or is it anytime you simply drop a clip from the project bin to the timeline?

Thanks,
        Elie

Comment

There appears to be some confusion on what the problem is.

I don't get any of the red bars indicating rendering required on the timeline.

The problem is in video which is in the left hand window of the "monitor panel in PPRO"

The when I have used the " , " command to drop a clip into the timeline the video in the aforementioned window only plays back at what seems like half speed and with no sound.

please see the ammended image

The problem seems to be with the Matrox drivers as everything works find when I use standard DV settings for a project, but I then lose all the RT functionalily of my RT.

Thanks

Pooh

Last edited by Pooh; 9 April 2004, 01:07.

Comment

Working...
          X