Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple file playback error in MSP6.0

Hi All!

I've used Matrox Millenium II with RR add-on card to grab video from my camera. I then inserts the video files created above to into a Ulead MediaStudioPro 6.0 Project. When I try to preview the anything from the project, I get an error message: "Multiple file playback error. Preparation failed."

Does anybody got a solution to this?

I've found a solutions on on the Ulead site but I couldn't get it to work for me. Their solution was to update the ulead32.ini file with:

[HardwareAcc]
    NotSaveOpenDML=1
    AviPlayEngineMCI=1

[Playback]
    RenderAudio=1

My HW is: PIII 500MHz, 128 MB Ram, Matrox Mill II, Rainbow Runner Studio, Win98.
    slinning

Add a semicolon infront of this line (should look just like this):

;PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll

This will disable the matrox cutlist thingy...
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Once you DO disable the MCLPlugin.dll entry you can remove those entries Ulead suggested.

They were just to make MSPro6 compatable with MCLPlugin.dll, which is now disabled. With them gone and MCLPlugin.dll disabled OpenDML support will be restored and MSPro6 will use its own cutlist driver.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 31 January 2001).]

Comment

Hi slinning,
        i do have a MilII-RRS and when i upgraded to MSPro 6 from MS Pro 5.2 i had exactly the same problems. I tried all the suggested solutions and the one that worked well (with best functionality) for me was :
        1. Uninstall previous version of MS Pro.
        2. Deletethe file ulead32.ini from your windows directory
        3. Install MS pro 6.
        4. Edit Ulead32.ini with Ulead's settings.

Good Luck.

PS
        You will not find the following line
        PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\MCLPlugin.dll
        but this one
        PlayDll1=C:\PROGRA~1\MATROX~1\Icutlist.dll
        if you follow the above steps then you will not have to disable it from your ulead32.ini file.
        mits,
        System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
        model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Thanks for all replies.

Both reply 1 and 2 works fine. 3rd suggestion is practically what I have done. I just rebuild my PC, formatted the HD and reinstalled everyting, MSP60 as well. I still got the problem as described in my original message.

As I wrote earlier, both reply 1 and 2 works for me, but do I loose anything (quality) by disabling the matrox dll's??

Thanks,
          Rune
          slinning

Comment

Thanks for replying my article in the MURC desctop video forum.

Do you mind sending me your Ulead32.ini file so I can compare my file with yours.

Thanks,
            Slinning
            slinning

Comment

Working...
            X