Win Media Encoder 7 and Matrox G-400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win Media Encoder 7 and Matrox G-400

I read the past messages but I didn't catch if G-400 TV card is capable of direct capturing from video camera to Mpeg-4 files like .wmv of Win Media Encoder 7. When I try to do it my system freezes and I didn't succeed in doing capture even changing codecs. When I convert an .avi file captured with PC-VCR it works well but not with MJPEG, only with RGB .avi.
    Anybody has suggestions ?
    Wmv files look good stuff for storing movie on CD-ROM: they have around 1/2 size for the same quality of mpeg-1.

------------------
    Bye
    Raido
    Bye
    Raido

1. use version 1.52 of the Video Tools.

2. get Flying Dutchmans YUY2 utility and apply it. This activates YUY2 captures. Find it on the bottom of the download page at;

http://www.desktopvideoworld.com

3. use a capture program like AVI_IO, MSVidcap or VirtualDUB that allows you to use alternate compressions. AVI_IO works best.

4. set up your capture parameters (frame rate, frame size, audio etc.) using the YUY2 capture mode.

5. set the Compression as MPEG-4 (or DivX, if you prefer). Adjust the settings to your preferences.

6. fire away.

The only restrictions will be those imposed by your system. The faster your CPU the larger the frames and the higher the bitrate & quality settings you can capture with.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 02 February 2001).]

Comment

Working...
    X