moving path artifacts in MSP 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving path artifacts in MSP 7

When using moving paths with photos in MSP 7, I occasionally get noisy edges, especially with straight line contrasts like striped shirts. I’m editing DV. Any thoughts on how to correct this?
    Thanks.
    Jon

Are you talking about moire patterns that occur as you zoom in and out on regular patterns? If so, try applying the anti-flicker setting to the image or clip, alternately I've had good results applying a bit of gaussian blur to hi-res images.

If you're talking about the "stepping" from one scan line to the next when zooming or moving images on the TV, there's really no way around this except to decrease the contrast from the image to the background by changing the backgroud color. Also the speed of the zoom or pan can make this effect more or less noticeable.

Finally, for images I use the Stagetools Moving Picture plug-in for MSP7. It's easy to use and almost always provides real time results so tweaking is painless.

- Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Striped shirts and, worse, tweed patterns are murder for generating moiré patterns. There is no way to eliminate them entirely. It may help to use a softening filter on the original DV, creating a new clip from the scene(s) causing the problem and use this clip for your MPs.

The easiest way to eliminate this problem is to ensure your actors wear self-coloured clothing!
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks, guys. I think they're moire patterns. If only I had actors. Doing a video for a baseball team.

Comment

Working...
        X