AVI_IO Video settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVI_IO Video settings

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

For VCD capture at 352x240.

With HuffYUV installed the actual data rates of the captured files should be;

704x480: 10 mb/s
    352x480: 5 mb/s
    352x240: 2.5 mb/s

You determine this in Explorer by checking the clips properties sheet or by clicking the Info button in MSPro's Import Video window. This information won't be reflected in the Format windows YUY2 readings.

They aren't lower because they are not temporally (time) or DCT (discrete cosine transform) compressed as they would be in MPEG.

Unlike temporal or DCT compression HuffYUV is lossless and limited in how small you can make the files. Since they are lossless, however, they also edit losslessly unlike other compressors. Because of this they compress into very high quality MPEGS, and quality is the name of the game.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 19 February 2001).]

Comment

AVI_IO Video settings

Wow!! The on screen moinitoring of the footage coming from my canmera is fabulous!!! I have a few questions about the video settings. Under video settings/compression /configure I selected Predict left. What is that doing? Why left? What's left?
      Under video settings/Format I selected YUY2 and selected CIF. This gave me the 352 x 480 dimesions @ 30fps that I think I need for VCD but at 4.834 MB/sec? I thought the rate would be lower. -- and what does cif stand for -- I don't know the term at all. (704 x 480 says 19.33MB/sec) With a good tail wind my Matrox Benchmark comes in at around 18MB/s on each of my HDs. I assunme the 704 x 480 setting in AVI_IO is out of my price range? Anyway to raise the bridge or lower the water? Thank you Leslie
      Bhanga

Comment

Working...
      X