COLD PLACE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLD PLACE

am i mistaken or this place is turning real cold... posts are getting less and less and the general helpful proactive attitude seems to be fading away... no response is required or seeked here... just a comment...
    Asus P2B @ 100Mhz
    PIII 800 / 133Mhz running @100MHZ = 600MHZ!!! VIA Asus Slotkey
    SimpleTECH 128MB X 3/ 100Mhz
    IBM 9.GB Ultrawide Scsi LVD
    IBM 18gb secondary drive @ 7200
    Maxtor 37GB storage drive @ 5400
    Marvel G200 TV
    Microtek E6 scanner via scsi card {adaptec 1502}
    HP CD12ri CDRW 12X10X32 BurnProof!
    Creative Infra48 CD ROM
    Creative AWE64 Gold [ISA]
    Realtek Chip NIC 10/100
    21' Samsung Syncmaster 1000p
    Firewire card
    Mini USB hub
    8 port Compex 10/100 hub
    Sandisk Reader - USB
    Cordless Logitec Mouse
    Iomega Zip100 [the old ugly one!]
    HP 1220 C - A3 printer

Dizzy

I'm not so sure. There is a problem, though. I have a system which works fine for what I want to do and I can answer questions on it. But it is now nearly 2 years out-of-date. I simply cannot answer questions on anything more recent and I can't afford, like some, to update something every other day. If I could, I'd not have time to respond here, anyway -- I'd be too busy trying to get the damn thing to work. Newbies would probably be diving in at the deep end with systems twice as fast as mine and with all the latest bells and whistles, so how can I answer their questions? I'm sure I'm not alone. Even my mini-DV is already getting on for 6 years old: tempus fugit

------------------
    Brian (the terrible)
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I think (to be honest) that the forum is going through a "quiet spell". Probably due to the lack of input (on my own behalf) to the main DTVW site, but also the lack of video editors calling in at the MURC.

Time for a shakeup - call all your mates and tell them that we're gonna have a party over here all week and will answer all questions on video capture and editing.

Of course, this relies on the DTVW regulars to chip in with their own experiences, and a lot of latidude on old topics. Small flames allowed between seasoned veterans, anyone with a minor status should be respectful, Old hands take this oportunity to bite tongue and think back to when this site was your saviour too !

New postings due as soon as GA re-establsh the DTVW URL. (any time now)

Comment

Chris

You're quite right, it was my saviour!

------------------
        Brian (the terrible)
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
        X