$100 rebates on Panasonic DV cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $100 rebates on Panasonic DV cams

Yup. Big rebates and a lot of them are on sale at US retailers so you get a double whammy....

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el..._camcorder.htm

Models: DV100, DV200, DV400, DV600, DV800

I just picked up a DV200 for the wife on deep discount (display model) for $539, so with the rebate the net cost is only $439 USD. This for a DV cam with S-Video and composite outs, photo mode w/8mb of compact flash photo memory and dual EIS (in & out).

A steal....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 24 February 2001).]

Nice price!! 'cause they will be releasing
    next month a new model dv201 with 20x zoom
    and usb port, 680k ccd and picture-in-
    picture (PIP) with the same price.

harry00

Comment

The only one of interest is the 680k CCD, and even that is unlikely to change much except for the EIS and photo mode.

As for PIP the RT-2000 I use has that built in as a realtime feature. In fact it can do multiple PIP's on one screen, but not in realtime.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Please let us know how your wife likes the DV200. I have been thinking about getting the Panasonic myself. I am interested in the DV600 or DV800 as they are the only ones with analog in so I can convert videos or Hi8 stuff. Think the rest of the features are pretty much the same(????)

Comment

So far we REALLY like it.

The features are very similar with the exceptions you mentioned. The DV600/800 also have a more sophisticated manual white balance (DV200 only has 2 manual settings) as well as IR nightvision with filters. The DV 200 has no IR filters. The DV200 does, however, have a nice manual focus feature and a preset for low depth of field and some useful digital effects.

First thing to buy: a bigger battery, preferrably a NiMH.

The DV200 can also use standard (and very cheap) 49mm camera lens filters & caps for a 35mm camera. I already have a UV on there to protect the lens and a few others (star, IR [I know...I'm cheating :-P ], polarizing, R, G, B, color correction etc.) in the bag. VERY handy.

It comes with an 8meg multimedia memory card for its still photos. This hides under the LCD lid. You can elect to save photos to tape or the card. The transition is a single switch right under the trigger.

It works GREAT with the RT-2000 and with MSPro6 under both Win2K and Win98SE. Yes, you can set up the RT-2000 as a generic OHCI in any multiboot Windows setups where the RT-2000 drivers aren't installed. Win98SE, WinME or Win2K.

The only weakness I see is that it's not as good as the DV400+ in very low light situations and the aforementioned feature differences, but then again it's a low end model. But a very good low end model.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 26 February 2001).]

Comment

Do any of those Panasonic models have progressive recording? (vs interlaced)

AlgoRhythm

Comment

Don't believe so. Progressive Scan is common on the Canon DV cams though. My Elura has it.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
              X