Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Hi8 Camcorder in the Bay Area?

Sorry for this off topic matter ....

I am looking to borrow a Hi8 camcorder to convert about 10 Hi8 tapes to AVI and store them in my computer. THe problem is that I no longer has a Hi8 camcorder and not about to go buy one just for a small project like this.

So my question is ..... is there anyone who would be willing to help me out by lending me his/her Hi8 camcorder (I believe digital8 works as well) for about a week or so? I live in San Jose, California.

Thanks !!!

If you plan on using a firewire to copy them onto your hard drive, I think you'll need a digital 8 camcorder. The hi 8 camcorders I have don't have a firewire jack and you basically have to convert anolog to digital with something.

Jon

Comment

Actually I have a A/D converter that takes in RGB analog and converts it to DV stream. So I don't need a hi8 camcorder with 1394 output; just analog will do.

Comment

Surely you can find a coworker or neighbor with a camcorder you can borrow. I don't think anyone here is going to mail you theirs.

Comment

I have asked a few people around here already. But no luck. Either they have gone DV or do not own a camcorder. That's why I am expanding my search ...

I am hoping to find someone who lives in the bay area who is willing to part his/her hi8 camcorder for a week or so. I planned to pick this up in person and return in person.

Comment

Rent a digital 8 or hi 8 if avalailable from a near by audio/video store.

That I think is your best bet.

Regards,
            Elie

Comment

Working...
            X