Recording YUY2 in Windows 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording YUY2 in Windows 2000

I was wondering if there was a way to record YUY2 in Windows 2000. I've been trying to record a movie and have been losing a large amout of frames. And YUY2 is loseless, right?? If YUY2 is not supported in Windows 2000 then what is another format that I could record in that would be better??

Edited:
    I have a Athon T-Bird 900, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 40 (yes, only one drive, I'm alittle short on the money right now), Matrox G400TV.

[This message has been edited by IVIaxim (edited 23 February 2001).]

I'm capturing HuffYUV on Win2000 using a Hauppauge Win/TV card (~$50) using AVI_IO.

Seems to work fine. But since I just got a "close-out" TRV-120 D8 camcorder that does analog in to DV out "on-the-fly" I capture everything to DV now.

HuffYUV captures at 640x480 gives marginally better MPEG than I get from DV, but its too much trouble to capture things twice when my primary goal is VHS final output. VCD and SVCD are fun to play with but you can only really expect people with computers to be able to play them correctly -- stand-alone DVD players are "iffy".

--wally.

Comment

What Hauppage card are you using? I had one before and was not happy with it. If I was looking for one, which version would you recommend? Basically, this is what I want:
      -720x480 @ 29.97 fps capture
      -S-Video In
      -Stereo In
      -Win2K and MediaStudio Compatible

Thanks for any input

Comment

Have you had any success with this? I am very interested in doing the same YUY2/Huffyuv capture under Win2k.

Comment

Working...
        X