Can't run vid capture prg with MSP SP 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run vid capture prg with MSP SP 2

I installed the MSP service pack 2 this morning and I can't get MSP Video Capture to run. I've tried with and without the camcorder turned on. Never had a problem before. Running XP and HT processor. IS there something I was supposed to do after the installation?

Jon

It would seem that a few others have had this problem. I know it doesn't help you, but I've installed SP2 on three very diverse computers without problem, or, at least, with only one very minor cosmetic problem on one only.

This kind of problem is usually due to a conflict with other software. If you care to look at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mug-sw/?yguid=38299784 where your problem has been discussed at great length, it would seem that two softwares have been identified as causing such conflicts, viz., Adobe Premiere and Creative Audigy drivers.

By looking at the experience of others with the same problem, you may be able to glean a clue that will help you, even if it means sifting through a few hundred posts.

Sorry, can't help you beyond that.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks, Brian, I'll check it out.

Comment

Brian is the man! Went to the newsgroup he suggested above. Read the recent posts. Removed MSP 7 from control panel. Reinstalled it -- vidcapture still didn't work. Did not install SP1 (or the first patch) and just installed SP2. Vidcapture now runs (and so does the veditor). Have yet to actually capture but this may be the way to fix this problem if it happens to anyone else.

Thanks, Brian.

Jon

Comment

Working...
        X