No announcement yet.

nanoDVR (realtime sw mpeg-1/2 capture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanoDVR (realtime sw mpeg-1/2 capture)

Hello,

Has anyone tried nanoDVR? Fully functioning demo is available http://www.nanocosmos.de/. How does the picture quality looks like?. In my system nanoDVR hangs my system when I press the record button. Any idea to help this?

My system is:

Athlon 650@750 + Epox-7KXA (VIA4in1 v.4.29BETA)
    Matrox Marvel G400TV (VT 1.52 with YUV2 patch, PD 5.55)
    256RAM
    28Gb
    SBLive Value
    Win98se

Crashed on my system too! I also have a VIA-based board, I wonder if this is the problem?

Has anyone had any success?

Comment

Has anyone ever got good results from software mpeg capture?
      is it relay necessary to use YUV2 , dose it improve you FPS captured?
      I will report back here about this demo because i also have VIA chips.
      zeb.
      My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
      win98se
      Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

Realtime MPEG capture, hard or soft, is very limited in what quality it can deliver because of the time restraints.

IMHO hard or soft realtime encoding is nowhere near giving the results most of us are getting from offline encoding with YUY2 sources. It'll take multi-ghz processors to do it in software or some very high quality MPEG chipsets, none of which are not on the market yet at comsumer prices.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I know Ati AIW does MPEG2 with satisfactory quality, not near to TMPEGeng, but is quite much faster and easier way. Sometimes would be very usefull.

Comment

DVD Cut Machine by Vitec captures in PERFECT mpeg2. DVD quality without any exaggeration. Its mpeg1 files are slightly worse than the ones encoded by TMPEGEnc and Panasonic, but I'd say that their quality is VERY decent. More than satisfactory. Much better than software LSX, avi2mpeg, and many other software encoders. It is beaten only by TMPEGEnc and Panasonic. And the difference between mpeg1 files captured by DCM and encoded by Panasonic and TMPEGEnc can be seen only on computer monitor. I make VCDs (standard VCD 2.0 format) and on TV screen they look like a normal VHS tape cassette. It captures in realtime with software and hardware support. The bitrate can be constant and variable, up to 15Mbits/ second.

------------------
            Anatoly Neverov
            Minsk, Belarus
            Anatoly Neverov
            Minsk, Belarus

Comment

Demo'ed nanoDVR and even without the YUV patch it sill forces YUV2
              I have a VIA chipset with a G400 and you guessed it , it crashed :-0
              can someone with a Hauppauge WinTV + VIA chipset try the demo? ( so we could be sure its not the G400 )
              My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
              win98se
              Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

Working...
              X