Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Rainbow Runner

Hello Friends,

This is my 1st post so forgive my lack of knowledge...

I have a G400 DH 32. I would like to buy a RR for it, instead of buying marvel or even a marvel 450.

I hear that RR has a tv tuner, etc... Does it record in mpeg1 or 2, does it accept video in so i can transfer from vhs to cd rom?

Lastly, where can i buy it from? its seems impossible to find in UK!

thanks in advance.

Kal.

The G400 RR can capture video using either the onboard hardware MJPEG CODEC or via YUY2.

YUY2 is a native capture format for the G400 boards which can be utilised by software CODECs such as the PIC Video MJPEG CODEC or the HUFFYUV lossless CODEC.

At present the YUY2 option must be activated by patching the 1.52 (NOT 1.54) version of Matrox's Video Tools using Flying Dutchman's YUY2 patch. This capture option is then only available in external capture apps such as AVI_IO or virtualDub, you cannot use YUY2 captures in Matrox's PCVCR remote.

Search the forum for YUY2 and you'll come across all the relevant links for these CODECS and FD's YUY2 patch.

I'm pretty sure the the RR has video in but I've got a Marvel so perhaps someone else can confirm this?

As for where to buy a RR, sorry can't help you there. They do seem a little hard to come by.

- Simon

Comment

thanks simon...

i think i might go for marvel g450 tve, iheard its good for recording video, tv & transfer vhs to cdrom, what do u think?

Comment

None of us have seen a G450eTV yet.

I was promised one for review, but it hasn't arrived yet !

News is that you'll need a very fast processor for full frame captures, since it uses a soft MPEG codec. Something in the Gigahertz class should be enough.

Comment

Working...
        X