win2k netmeeting rrg/webcam conflicts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2k netmeeting rrg/webcam conflicts

I don't know about everyone else but I had problems with Netmeeting conflicting my RRG for my webcam, vice versa. This usually ended up with my video tools not working, and Matrox suggesting I uninstall everything Matrox and reinstall everything Matrox, which sometimes, believe it or not, didn't even work, and required up to 8 reboots.

Here's a fix I have found to work. Before you start Netmeeting, right click on the desktop and go to properties, advanced, troubleshooting. Slide the bar all the way to the bottom. Netmeeting will work fine, etc. Once you are done with Netmeeting, go back and slide the tab all the way back up. Then, you'll be able to use your video tools.

If it ever happens for some reason that your video tools stop working, saying that they are in use by another program, then do the following. Slide the Troubleshooting hardware acceleration tab all the way back down, start up netmeeting, use the camera for a bit, then quit netmeeting. Slide the tab all the way back, and then load your video tools.

I hope this helps, it took me a while to figure it out!

Another way to get around this problem is to run NetMeeting again, and disable remote desktop sharing. You can also start/stop the NetMeeting service in the services plug-in of the MMC, or if you have Desktop sharing enabled, simply disable it. Sometimes this last item 'sticks', and you have to exit desktop sharing, run NetMeeting, exit NetMeeting, disable desktop sharing.

Comment

hmm, my remote desktop sharing feature wasn't even configured.. but i configured it, and unchecked the option. hopefully that'll do it, save me from having to slide tabs all over the place.

Preciate it.

Comment

Hi guys,

I am having problem setting up my video in NetMeeting on Win 2000, perhaps you could help me here.

The problem is that my video screen is blank. If I click Tools -> Options -> Video -> Source, nothing happens. Things work fine on Win98. There, if click as above, I will get a dialog box where I can choose the source corresponding to my camera.

I am using Marvel G400, latest PowerDesk and VideoTools software.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

can you elaborate? You want what working in Netmeeting? The RRG ? (ain't gonna happen). Or your webcam? If it's your webcam, then do as the above post suggests (troubleshooting slider bar).

g'luck

Comment

I got my webcam working. It also has the effect of ensuring that NetMeeting hasn't locked the Direct Video driver, making that Matrox Hardware in use error go away.

Comment

Hi guys,

our vidcap driver is disabled from netmeeting due to a serious bug within netmeeting. When connected to the vidcap driver, it will latch on to it and never let go. Even if you reboot or uninstall/re-install our drivers, netmeeting is still hooked onto our vidcap. The only way to un hook it is to re-format your hard drive.

There's also a very good chance that our final win2k VT release will not support netmeeting becuase of this problem.

To date, the only workaround is to get WDM drivers, which is in our plans.

Haig

Comment

Thanks, guys.

I guess no netmeeting for me on win2k then. The bug HAIG described is really nasty. I've never liked netmeeting, the main reason is that I think it's really buggy.

Looking forward to Video Tools final version.
                Vu~

Comment

Working...
                X