Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the LG 4163BI?
    16x on the -r disks too
    I was just about to order one, so this thread was perfect timing.
    chuck

PS This would replace my 4040B, which I have been very satisfied with, though I'm ready for more speed.
    Last edited by cjolley; 19 December 2004, 20:05.
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Hey Doc,

As you can see from my updated computer specs, I too have taken the DL plunge. Actually, this is my first DVD burner now that prices have fallen to within reach. I paid AUD120 for mine (~USD100). For starters I intend to make DVD copies of a wedding video I'm currently editing.

An immediate problem that arose with this burner is that it wants an ata66 ide channel and my poor old BX board is stuck with ata33. It looks like the drive reverts to an older ide spec, which I think is good for about 16mb/s. That means 8x burns until I put the device in a newer machine...

Another worry is that since I've gone back to using my G200 Marvel, the field order problem [edit]could[/edit] muck things up at DVD authoring time. What d'ya reckon Doc?

Ta.
      Last edited by Frank Marshall; 24 December 2004, 05:54.
      Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

CJ;

Sounds like a winner to me.

Frank;

Can't say about the field order issue since, IRRC, that was a PAL issue and I'm in NTSC land.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X