Old RR MJPEG codec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old RR MJPEG codec?

I was going through an old hard drive that has a lot of stuff I had done with the Rainbow Runner. But it's unusable because I don't have the MJPEG codec available for these .AVI files. I wonder if there's a "least trouble" way I can install an available codec, import this stuff to MSP7, and convert it to DV files?...

Jeff B

Either the Morgan or PICVideo MJPeg should do the duty. Both can read the old Matrox DMB1 MJPeg codec faster than the old Matrox hardware could.

Both can also read/write from Ulead and most other such products and can also be captured to using any device that can provide a YUV input and software that can use softcodecs. Both are also highly configurable with many quality settings, including several of higher quality than the Matrox codec.

Both also are very, VERY fast....being capable of realtime high-quality captures even in sub-gigahertz systems.

Morgan: http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/

PICVideo: http://www.pegasusimaging.com/picvideomjpeg.htm

Both have free trials, but I'm not sure if they are watermarked (the didn't used to be). In either case both are inexpensive, with Morgan being the cheaper of the two at ~$20.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 January 2005, 18:03.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I like PICVideo MJPEG Codec more.

And yes, they are watermarked.

Comment

The Morgan one is a horror, go for PICVideo!
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

The Morgan codec is particularly difficult to remove. I too would adivse PICvideo.
          -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
          2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
          Matrox Parhelia 128
          Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
          Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
          Maxtor 300 GB for video
          Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
          Win XP Pro

At work:
          Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
          Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

All the above are absolutely right. However if you look for something free, have a search on the net for the discontinued Paradigm codec.
            mits,
            System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
            model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Thanks, everyone... I found this site:
              Compression,codecs,mjpeg,mpeg4,mpeg,divx,video,capture,flyds

which had a bunch of goodies. Very slow, though, only 0.5kb/s.

Jeff B

Comment

Pirated/old versions

Comment

Yes, pirated/old versions, a fine service to the community of home movie makers whose activities won't be robbing anyone of any value, anywhere.

Jeff B

Comment

Working...
                  X