i've lost my matrox cd... + premiere problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've lost my matrox cd... + premiere problems

I've been having some great problems with premiere and my matrox marvel G400. I saw some topic regarding capturing that said you could capture with the Matrox PC-VCR Remote.
    Well, the PC-VCR program won't start and obviously i've lost my matrox cd.
    Is it possible to download the PC-VCR Remote somewhere or what should I do?!

Regarding Premiere. When im capturing the movie everything seems ok till I save it and put it on the timeline. Now it gets alot more coarsegrained.
    Then when i export the move it looks terrible. The whole picture is built-up by more or less big squares. Any simple soulution to this problem?

Thanx anyway!

Can't help you with the Premiere problem, I'm afraid, although it sounds as if you may be switching from field to frame-based. Square pixels would indicate that your project defaults are incorrect, or even that you are using the wrong TV standard for capture (ie PAL instead of NTSC).

You can download the VideoTools direct from the Matrox graphics (MGA) support site : http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm . Matrox suggest that you use the 1.54 videotools for either the Rainbow Runner (G-series) or G400 Marvel, and the 1.52 for G200 Marvel. I understand that there the 1.54 tools are unable to cater for YUY capture, and I'm not sure what enhancements they provide over the 1.52's (doncha just wish Matrox would put amendment histories on their software versions?)

So if I was you I'd go for the 1.52's

Comment

How do I switc from field to frame-based – by just choosing “No Fields” in the keyframe and rendering options menu?
      Since I live in a PAL country it should be PAL or? My premiere won’t work with NTSC.

Isn't there any other good editing program that you can use on a PC instead of premiere. Im fed up whit that program.

Comment

Hi,

I'd suggest that you keep to field-base capture - make sure that you are using Field Order A !

The Marvel WILL capture/produce NTSC, even with a PAL card - the difference is in the Tuner section only.

Premiere and the Marvel have never been a happy combination, Premiere doesn't support the Marvel ! It is possible, but certainly takes a lot of effort. One reason why most Marvel owners use Ulead's MSPro instead.

The only other thing that I can thing of immediately is that the project and/or output formats don't match the format of the input clips (ie if you capture at 352*288 then you must set the project up with the same parameters, and when you render your output, make sure that you use the same). Otherwise you force a re-render which might introduce more noise.

Comment

The Marvel and RR-G use field order B.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Oops, my mistake. Think before you type Chris

Doc, didja get my email this morning ?

Comment

Working...
            X