The next step in my video project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next step in my video project...

Ok, so now I have my video captured and converted to a DivX AVI.

Now I'd like to do some simple editing. Adding text, fading in/out, slow motion, and some cuts. I also wouldn't mind chopping it up into different files.

Is the software that came with my PVR-250 enough to do this? Is there any freeware out there that will get the job done easily?

Why did you convert to Dvix????

If you captured in DV format, you edit and at the final step you convert the results in DivX.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

KoolDino, you have MUCH to learn...

You should have editted the MPEG stream!

Ideally you should have captured it in HUFFYUV (as I said in another one of ur posts) and then editted it, and then finally converted it to whatever final format you wanted, be it MPEG-1 / 2 or DiVX
      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Elie, mmp121:

I hope it wasn't your intention, but your comments come off as condescending.

Given the fact that a) Kooldino's PVR-250 card is a hardware MPEG encoder and cannot capture DV or AVI and b) full-featured MPEG editors are few and far between, neither of your posts are particularly useful.

Kooldino:

Please look at my last posting in your other thread ("MPEG2 -> AVI = bad aspect ratio"). Once we know your exact requirements, I'm sure that readers of this forum can come up with a satisfactory solution for you.

Tony

Comment

Didn't know that it only captures in Mpeg only sorry, but never the less it's not recommended to first convert to DviX then edit and export.

Also Mpeg is very difficult to edit because the Group of picture structure which is not frame accurate.

Regards,
          Elie

Comment

b) full-featured MPEG editors are few and far between
            That is why I suggested Studio 9 Plus - while their earlier version was rather pathetic, this latest one is a lot better and can do frame accurate editing on any mpeg stream - even if there are only I frames every 13 frames in a GOP - it will also do VBR and CBR streams (don't know what the PVR does)
            Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by LvR
              That is why I suggested Studio 9 Plus - while their earlier version was rather pathetic, this latest one is a lot better and can do frame accurate editing on any mpeg stream - even if there are only I frames every 13 frames in a GOP - it will also do VBR and CBR streams (don't know what the PVR does)
              Very interesting! The only MPEG editor I was aware of was Womble MPEG Video Wizard; I'll have to take a look at Studio 9 Plus myself.

Thanks for the information.

Tony

Comment

I still have the original MPEG capture, so I could care less whether I end up editing the MPEG-2, a raw AVI, or the DivX avi. On any of them, the quality is decent enough.

@arciervo - I just replied to your questions on the other thread. Thanks, man.

Comment

You will care, all the more the more you try to edit MPEG video! MPEG compression works on an inter-frame basis, it reads several frames ahead and arears of the key frame (or more accurately, I-frame) to compress video in groups of frames called gops which are interdependant. That's why you can't do frame accurate editing with an MPEG stream. DivX is essentally MPEG4 and presents the same problems for editing. If you want frame accurate editing, you must use intra-frame compression like JPEG, I-frame MPEG, DV, or one of the raw video formats. When your editing is done, you then apply inter-frame MPEG compression.
                  Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Frank - Good write up, and I understand that, but my point is that so long as I have a simple program to do any of the above, I'm happy with it.

Comment

Mmm. Don't know if there are any freeware programs that'll edit MPEG steams, precisely because of the difficulty involved. You could try videohelp.com and investigate the NLE software section...
                      Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Working...
                      X