Parhelia: stretched vs independant mode for NLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia: stretched vs independant mode for NLE

In the process of tweaking my rig for optimal NLE performance, I am wondering which 2+1 monitor setup would be the least GPU intensive, stretched mode or independant mode. And please, share your thoughts about the benefits of either setup in an NLE environment.
    -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
    2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    Matrox Parhelia 128
    Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
    Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
    Maxtor 300 GB for video
    Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
    Win XP Pro

At work:
    Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
    Avid Unity Media Network.

I am using independant, but a shift maximize treats it as a stretched mode display.
    this give me the best of both worlds - independant for other apps and a 'stretched' mode for adobe premiere.
    I don't think there would be any discernable CPU loading differences between the two.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Stretched mode takes up less (video)memory than independant.
      Got this from the matrox-forums, after inquiring why the PhotoShop wysiwyg plugin gave a memory error when used with a photo of mine (raw file, from my camera).

I prefer the taskbar on one PC, so I'm using independant (other reason: my LCD is 1280x1024, but my second monitor is a CRT, on which this resolution has the wrong proportion, so it is commonly set at 1280x960). But I might change it soon, as dual independant + tv-out is impossible with the primary monitor on DVI (another reason to go streched?).

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X