Tmpg Related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tmpg Related

Hello All, I am new to desktop video editing but i learned a lot since observing this forum. Anybody please tellme how to configure video aspect ratio and etc related in order to archieve best result for PAL resolution on TV. I am planning to output to MPEG 1 VCD by TMPG encoding. Thanks in advance for any input.TQ.

PAL TV is 4:3 aspect ratio - but don't worry too much about it!

If doing analogue capture try for 704*576 (4:~3.3). Some analogue cards will allow 768*576 - which is 4:3. If doing DV capture you are stuck with 720*576 (4:3.2)

The small differences are not all that noticable.

Use these full size frames as input into TMPGEnc and let it resize to VCD size (352*288)

It's more important to remember that you will 'loose' 5%+ from each edge of the video, as seen on the PC, when you playback on domestic TV's due to deliberate masking of the picture due to over scan. Keep your titles in the middle!
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

Working...
    X