MAtrox Helios Board with MIL 8 Has memory Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAtrox Helios Board with MIL 8 Has memory Leak

This is a letter that I have sent to matrox and Uniforce several times where else can I send it som my companies problems will be taken seriouslly ??
    Results of Testing the
    Hot Fix 1 (Build 5) for MIL/MIL-Lite 8 Alpha (Build 1025A)

I tested this hot fix by performing the following Actions
    With all MIL software turned off i.e. no video capturing software was working
    I took the EXE that I decompressed teh zip files sent to me and
    then reboot the system

I then ran our application and recieved the same results as before i.e a memory leak
    progressed until the % bytes committed exceeded 4% and then the program would crash.
    This only occurs when playing back a previouslly recorded RUN

I then recompiled the MdigProcess.exe code that I modified with a scroll bar
    on the cpature screen and also recieved a C++ Visual Runtime Error but also
    an Error from the Mil Library since I had not stopped the MdigProcess.exe
    after it had crashed.
    In order for the MdigProcess.exe to crash the following registry must be set
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrox\Matrox Imaging Library\Runtime\Controls\Display]
    "DebugSectionValue"=dword:00000000
    "OverwriteDebugTraceFile"=dword:00000001
    OTHERWISE THE C: DRIVE IS FILLED WITH A TRACE PROGRAM AND NO CRASH OCCURS !!!!

This is the Error Boxes that are displayed by the modified MdigProcess.exe app after running about 15 minutes or so.

This is the Performance Monitor result when running the Modified MdigProcess.exe
    Note the nearly 1% disparity or cut at the vertical red line caused by Running the modified MdigProcess.exe.

Attached is the Registry
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Matrox\Matrox Imaging Library]
    From the MAchine.
    I have previouslly sent the Sysinfo.txt The machine has not been modified as far as I can tell so I have not resubmitted that file.
    In the attachment is the complete code and bitmaps and registry exports for this machine.
    These results are after the hotfix was applied and the machine was rebooted.

This bug/problem does not seemed to be taken seriouslly and we have clients waiting in NewZealand who have been holding out ordering this device until this problem is resolved. As a result I will begin posting to the varioous newsgroup since I have been unable to access teh MAtrox forums to inquire whether anyone else has experienced this issue.
    My only desire is to get this situation fixed so that my company is able to sell a product, if Matrox is unable to do this then I am left with no alternative but to investigate other manufacturers.

This is either a Matrox Hardware or Desktop Video topic. Since the Video guys seem to stick to themselves and vice-versa, I think this will be best kept with them. Thread moved

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
    X