Do ISO files work independently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do ISO files work independently?

I authored a DVD using TMPGEnc DVD Author (solid little program, by the way) and after building the audio_ts and video_ts folders I also created an ISO file for the project. The ISO file can later be used to reburn the same DVD. I now want to delete the audio_ts and video_ts folders and archive the ISO file, but I'm not sure how ISO files work. Do ISO files work independently of the other folders, or do I need to archive the whole kit and caboodle in order to reburn this DVD later using the ISO file? Thanks.

An ISO file is basically a file representation of a CD/DVD. It's an image. So the answer is, yes, the ISO works independently of any other files.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

and if you use something like daemon tools or nero image drive you can read the folders/files in the iso anyway(also winrar reads iso's as well)

Comment

Thanks for the info. Now I can easily archive past DVD projects.

Comment

I store 1, 2 or 3 ISOS on a DVD. When I need to make copies, I send the ISO to the HD and record it with Nero. If I want to edit it, I decompress it with Winrar and I get again Video_TS and Audito_TS folders. Then, with MediaStudio 7 and a cheat that Dr. Mondrid explained one year ago (or more) I recapture the media and I can edit again (well, with a lose of quality).

ISO is a Great way to Store various projects on one DVD disc. Ah, Adobe DVD encore also records ISO images. You only change the extension to ISO and, TACHAAAN, you can open it with WINRAR.

Comment

What is "TACHAAAN?"

Comment

Something like "Tadaah!" (the Windows sound) or Tan Tan Taaah! (remember Dom DeLuise as Captain Chaos in the Cannonball run?).
              -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
              2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
              Matrox Parhelia 128
              Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
              Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
              Maxtor 300 GB for video
              Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
              Win XP Pro

At work:
              Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
              Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Haha, I thought is was some kind of standard. Sorry Mikele.

Comment

Working...
                X