X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-R compatability list

Check here for your deck;

http://www.homemovie.com/compatibility.htm

The Apex 660 is on the list. At the bottom of the page is also a DVD-R INcompatable list.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 11 April 2001).]

Did you know doc that with rt2000 is possible to create SVCD without rendering process ? Just capturing.

Comment

No. The DV spec doesn't allow captures at anything other than the 720x480 frame size. The MPEG-2 side is geared to DVD, which has the same frame spec.

That said I do render SVCD straight from the timeline by frameserving from Premiere6's timeline to TMPGEnc with an AVISynth script.

This takes a while, but the results are great. Now, if only someone would create an AVISynth plugin for MSPro...

Custom sized captures can be done using AVI_IO 3.19 and either the eTV or Marvels when using YUY2/HuffYUV.

This is done by using AVI_IO's custom frame size feature The trick is in setting up the cards capture rez first and the custom setting last. Also choosing the cards YUY2 capture size is critical. Some of the Matrox cards can do the SVCD custom size trick using 704x480, others prefer 352x480 as the card setup.

Experiment.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

actualy the final result is not a SVCD but i guess a XSVCD since the video has 720x480 resolution @ 3000 bps . ( i know, i know svcd max bitrate is 2600... BUT ... at 720x480 my apex ad703 can handle up to 3500 bps)

The result IS NOT GREAT as rendering using TMPGENC, but for fast preview on DVD PLAYER is good enough.

To create XSVCD with no rendering IN NO TIME, using RT2000, do this:

- Acquire your video in MPEG2 BP at 3000 bps
        - Use Matrox File converter to convert to mpeg basic stream. (note that it will take always the same time to create the file. it does not matter how long is your video- on my system it require about 20 seconds.)

- Convert your audio wav file in mpeg stream using not more that 128 bps. ( i use ulead audio editor - open - save as - chose mpg - set 128 bps stereo)

- Use Tmpgenc tools to MUX your mpeg audio and video (use SVCD format in the list !!)and BURN IT WITH NERO

OR

- Use I-author to mux audio and video and burn it with easy cd.

AGAIN THE FINAL QUALITY IS NOT GOOD AS when the video is rendered using TMPGENC, but is definetly FASTER ( a lot more faster)

enjoy !!

Massimo

Comment

Yes, it's xSVCD...which I don't use. My players may be able to do it but the rest of world....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hey how about that cheap ol Apex DVD player huh! One of the best purchases I've ever made. I bought the AD703 a few months ago and couldn't be happier. I've yet to hook up the 5.1 channel speakers to it, but throwing a VCD/SVCD movie in on 2 disks, I don't have to get off my arse and switch disks.

Wow, I just had to comment on $99 for a home movie DVD. Holy cow, I'd been wondering what kind of home business I could start and make some good extra money. I think I just found it. Better hurry I guess before the technology breaks out.

$99 wow

Comment

I've tried Apex660, 700 amd pioneer 434, 343
              with Ulead goDVD created miniDVD. The
              Apex showed the disc as MP3 showing the
              root directory and the audio/video_ts directory (doesn't run). Pioneer's showed
              the disc running (play counter) but no video/audio....I am using gold coated disc.

harry

Comment

Harry,

Your Pioneer results are the same as mine with my 535.. :-(
                paulw

Comment

Working...
                X