Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argentina PAL N Standard

Hi there,
    A few years ago, I asked Tech Support about the G200 supporting PAL N (which is the TV standard for broadcasts in my country). They told me it didn't, nor it will...
    I just read Marvel G450 eTV specs, which says it support PAL & NTSC for video input (I guess the same rules for TV tuner . Does anybody know if it supports PAL *N*?
    Does G400?

I also read that G450 eTV compresses the video with mere software. I hate that, I loved the fact of video being hardware - compressed... So I'm planning to buy Marvel G400 instead of G450...
    What's your opinion?...

Thx in advance

------------------

Absent a 1ghz machine the G400 Marvel is the better option of the two.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Nacho:
      Increiblemente sos el primer argentino (aparte de mí) que descubro en este forum.
      Por cortesía al mismo te sigo respondiendo en inglés.
      I managed to capture the output of my PAL-N VCR without problems in my G400TV (my Camcorder is PAL-B, so it's supposed to work)
      Unfortunately in order to record Marvel's output (PAL-B) to tape, you got to buy a transcoder (look in www.rgs-soluciones.com.ar for a cheap $52 one)
      The transcoder could be useful for example to watch PAL DVD (from Europe) on a Philips DVD 711 like mine (PAL-B & NTSC).
      I really still don't have one, but it is in my buying list.
      The tuner is another thing. If you don't buy an european Marvel (thick pin RF in) you'll end up capturing TV shows from a VCR tuner (what doesn't bothers me at all); because I don't know why, the PAL TV capture is disabled in the US international version. I mean only the capture to disk, because I can see TV on my PC with the built-in tuner, but unable to record it.

Comment

Hi CarlosW,
        I've been looking thru your posts, and have some answers to your questions (especially regarding video codecs, interlacing, deinterlacing, etc etc).
        What's your email address? (or ICQ#)

Comment

Thanx

Comment

Working...
          X