Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need program to convert AVI/ MPG to 3GP

Hi,

I'm looking for a suitable program for converting MPG and AVI files to 3GP for use on my phone...

Ideally, the program should batch encode.

Any suggestions welcome please, preferably free.

Thanks

Kane
    Last edited by Enak; 6 June 2005, 09:31.
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Free trial perhaps, but full functionality usually costs.

Try this one;

Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter is 3GP converter software to convert AVI to 3GP, MPEG to 3GP, convert 3GP to AVI, MPEG, and WMV.

The 3GP converter allows users to convert AVI to 3GP, MPEG to 3GP. The 3GP Converter supports almost all popular video formats including mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, wmv, mp4, 3gp, mov, rm, dv, yuv, h264 to 3GP file conversion. Xilisoft 3GP Video Converter also convert 3GP video file to popular video formats such as 3GP to AVI, 3GP to MPEG, 3GP to Divx. The 3GP Converter supports convert audio-only 3GP file to MP3, WAV, and vice versa.
    $29 USD

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Nokia Multimedia converter:

It is a free download (but it could be you have to register - free) at the Nokia site). They have other interesting tools (audio converters, ...).
      edit: I don't think it supports batch processing, but I'm not sure

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Hi,

I gave the xilisoft one a go. It's easy to use and batch encodes. However the output quality is not very good at all.

I had to sign up to the forum to get a registration key for the nokia one. Going to give that a go this evening.

Are there any plugins for something like Premier Pro?
        Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

I've had a play around with the programs now... Also found this:
          ImTOO 3GP Video Converter offers you professional way to convert almost all popular video formats to 3GP/3G2/AVI/MPEG/MP4/WMV/MP3 for mobile devices.

It's the same as the first one... But I have a key for it and can alter the bitrate now... it's pretty good at doing what it does.

The nokia one is quite smart too. Compared to the other one, quality is better and file size smaller... But no batch encode option. It is free though.

Comment

Working...
          X