Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basic Q: Marvel G400 & 450, captured files interlaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Q: Marvel G400 & 450, captured files interlaced?

Basic question on the Marvel cards: if you capture interlaced material (via HuffYUV)in PAL or NTSC, is the resulting AVI also interlaced or has the Marvel hardware deinterlaced it?

When I search about this in the posts, I found that the Marvel 400 is having a problem with this causing fuzzy pictures in PAL? And the 450 has it in both PAL & NTSC?

If the Marvels cannot capture interlaced material, what alternatives are there, that can handle HuffYUV (except TV cards, they're way too noisy)?

J-kun

G400 captures fine PAL interlaced videos in both MJPEG and YUY2. Cannot say anything about RGB: it always freezes on my PC.

Comment

But what about those comments then about PAL grabs being blurry & complaints about de-interlacing not possible to disable?

Are you sure your grabs are interlaced?

J-kun

Comment

Matrox G400 captures in PAL are exhalent , as i see it there's two problems you may be referring to

1 the G400 TV (most likely all others) de-interlaces MJPEG on playback to the PC monitior(which is a Progressive device) this make play back a little blurred , but the output to the TV/video is interlaced because they are interlaces
        device's

2 if you're talking about blurred still grabs you must disable high quality stills in the config of matrox-prowerVCR
        because this blended's about 5 frames together into one still jpeg picture.

zeb,
        Feel free to ask any specific questions on PAL captrues

PS, dose anyone know how to disable de-interlacing on PC / because their are some setting for it in the registry??

[This message has been edited by zeb7 (edited 21 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by zeb7 (edited 21 April 2001).]
        My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
        win98se
        Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

zeb7, I don't care about the quality on PC monitor, but it may be that this is why I am confused to how the G400 works, what quality issues there are etc. That's why I asked.

I simply need to know if the AVIs captured (HuffYUV) (in PAL and NTSC) are interlaced and not progressive video.

thx!
          Jkun

Comment

YES, they are all interlaced. If the source is film, aviutil has a very nice IVTC function to restore 24 progressive frames. You can also try smart-deinterlace for vdub, which may improve the look for progressive playback on the computer monitor.

As an example, just capture a huffy clip at any resolution and open it in vdub. If you scroll through the clip you will clearly see the interlacing effect.

[This message has been edited by cjyo~ (edited 21 April 2001).]
            Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

Thanks all for your help!

Jkun

Comment

The complaints about not being able to disable deinterlacing were for TV watching on the PC monitor and for still grabbing, not for video stream capture.
                Michka
                I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
                If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Working...
                X