Recording streaming video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording streaming video?

I'm trying to record an ASF stream from a website. They put TV newsreports online in case you missed them. Problem is you can only play but not save them. Very annoying since you must have internet acces to view them.

I found 2 tools, Streambox VCR and ASFrecorder. Both claim they can record these streams but both fail to conenct to the server (timeout). Playback through the old Windows media player works fine, so I guess these tools don't work well.

Any tips on what else to try?

Neko

I also tried Streambox VCR Suite some time ago to no avail. If you have the necessary gear, you could hook up a capture device to the TV-out of the stream recipient and capture the stream as an analog signal. I never tried it, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work (that is, unless Macrovision would screw up the signal).
    -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
    2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    Matrox Parhelia 128
    Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
    Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
    Maxtor 300 GB for video
    Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
    Win XP Pro

At work:
    Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
    Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Any TV news streamed off a website is copyrighted material, and they've usually taken whatever steps needed to keep anyone from copying it. Consequently, you'll be jumping through many hoops to get it into a file you can do anything with.

Jeff B

ps- of course, if you contact the source of the piece you want a copy of, they're usually very amenable and can make arrangements for you to get it. For instance, if the piece is about you, or a family member, or perhaps an organization you're affiliated with or work for, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I've posted in another forum as well, they advised Net Transport 1.87

Trying it now, works sofar...

Neko

Comment

Just use a FlashGet
          Sometimes if the creator of the site wants to hide the direct link you can start viewing with the browser and use any sniffer to find the real link.
          That is it. No magic.

Comment

Working...
          X