CD duplication prevention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD duplication prevention

Having just spent 3 months filming editing and creating a Multimedia CD-ROM that I am hoping to be able to sell soon. I am wondering if anyone can help or give guidance as to how I can put some form of 'Anti copy protection' on my CD mastercopy. Before I send it off to the Glass mastering and Duplication company.

I am aware that experts can 'crack' anything. But something simple that would stop most people who are not experts, from doing a simple copy would be a great help.

This is a really big financial gamble for me, so any help would be appreciated.

I currently use Nero Burning ROM 4.0.7.2 to create my CD compilations.

Thanks in advance

Adrian (Biker)

------------------

Have a look at www.gamecopyworld.com in the utilites section. There you will not only find information on copying cd's, there is some information on how to protect them...

Comment

Thanks mad99, I actually discovered it yesterday and visited there this morning. But I don't fully understand whats being said. Lets face it they are rather 'light' on explanations. That plus my poor knowledge in that subject area = 'iffy' situation.

I get the feeling that if I knew enough to understand what they are saying, I could probably write my own. One of the programs seems to only work with CDRWIN and uses its 'cue sheet'. But I dont know what CDRWIN is? I guess its a CD Burning proggy, sadly i only have Nero. Any ideas?

Any help at all is very much appreciated. - Biker.

------------------

Comment

CDRWin is a burning app from GoldenHawk
        http://www.goldenhawk.com

Comment

Biker, sometimes the mass duplication companies offer such protection which they apply during the duplication process.

I did the same thing except on tape, I wanted aprox 30 copies of an event, but I also wanted them protected, I asked them and they said they can apply Macrovision for an extra 99 cents per copy.

So ask them and see if they can apply some kind of anti CD copy program, maybe they have something.

Regards,
          Elie

Comment

Nice one Ellie, I'll ring them and see what they can offer.

Er, mind you one of the prefferred companies quoted £125 GB pounds if i did not send in a Gold master. When i asked "what just to burn a Gold disk from a blue one". The guy said yep, thats the standard charge. It sounds like if they have to tamper with a 'master' they want serious cash for it.(There was an additional charge of £150GB pounds to make a glass master from that as well!)

But i will enquire, it could be the best / easiest bet.

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X