Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to Matrox G400 TV needs advice

Hi,
    I have just bought a G400 TV. Please could you advise me with regards the best combination of drivers/software under Win98. Are the latest driver/software releases better?
    Thanks in advance.

Most people think the 5.41 drivers and Vid Tools 1.52 - I think?

Comment

I prefer Power Desk Drivers 6.2.0.028 (or something like that) for the drivers with Vid Tools 1.52. Contrary to some popular beliefs, they work fine together. The 3D portion of the 6.2 drivers is better and any VidTools newer than 1.52 are limiting for the neat little tricks that you can do, ie. Huff, YUY enabling and probably defeating Macrovision, which I didn't think much of until I tried to capture from a home video and kept getting macrovision errors. I don't copy copyrighted stuff, so I just disabled it. Let me make the ethical decisions, don't hose up my hardware just because I might be naughty.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

i just got the g400 marvel and cant capture off my tapes. problems with macrovision. i have tried vt151 and 154 but neither patches the files in my windows\system directory. i must have a newer version. does anyone know where i could get the older version of the matrox programs where i can disable macrovision - or a working patch to the version i have?
        --
        TJ

Comment

Hi,

You need VT1.52, these should still be available from the Matrox site - if not then I'm sure they'll still be on the MURC www.murc.ws . Then you patch the VT's with Sun's MV cracked DLLs available here on the site. www.desktopvideoworld.co.uk and follow the downloads link off the left-hand menu

Chris
          (T_I)

Comment

Working...
          X