Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro$oft, at it again: you have to buy WinXP to get MPlayer8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am actualy wondering why Microsoft is trying to be the Nvidia of OS'es and churning out a new OS every year..

The best they could do is to plug all bugs and security holes in w98ME and W2K before they start to do a new OS with multiple bugs..

And it seems that Win XP will be the OS that defined:

A hardware technichians nightmare

It's the first step on the way to MS dream:

Computers that can only use MS software...
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

This _Idiot, yes, I've recorded the Visualization plugins to AVI before. There's a program out there called SnagIt. You just have to set the WinAmp plugin to run in a window. Then you use SnagIt's ability to capture a window. It will then capure it into an AVI file. It takes a lot of tweaking to get a good result, it also needs a fast PC. Hope this helps!

Vince
      Vince

Comment

Thanks Vince, I'll be doing some experimenting with Snagit. For anyone else that might be interested, this is the link :
        http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp

And for those that aren't using WinAmp, I gotta say that it blows away anything else I've used for audio playback, and as an added extra, the plug-in visualiser modules add a whole extra dimension to personal entertainment. There are plenty of these modules, many of them free, most of which can be customised in a variety of ways. The visual effects that they produce are tremendous, and would provide some excellent backgrounds/transitions, which is why I was asking the original question.

Thanks

Chris
        (T_I)

Comment

Technoid,

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">I am actualy wondering why Microsoft is trying to be the Nvidia of OS'es and churning out a new OS every year..</font>
          Because they love money! Lots of it!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">The best they could do is to plug all bugs and security holes in w98ME and W2K before they start to do a new OS with multiple bugs..</font>
          Maybe they fix some bugs with the "new" version, but they have to introduce "new" features because then you have to *buy* another release to get the *bug* fix. Why....
          Because they love money! Lots of it!!!
          Of course many new bugs which will only be fixed in the next "new" version, etc., etc., etc. Why... you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by A_BIT (edited 30 April 2001).]
          Anthony
          • Slot 1 Celeron 400, Asus P2B, 256MB PC-100
          • AGP Marvel-TV 8MB NTSC
          • Turtle Beach Montego PCI sound card
          • C: IBM 10.1, 5400, Primary on 1, System, Swap, Software
          • D: IBM 13.5, 5400, Primary on 2, Dedicated to video
          • E: Memorex 48x CD, Secondary on 1
          • F: Yamaha CD-RW 2x2x8, Secondary on 2
          • Win98, FAT32 on C: & D:
          • MediaStudio Pro 5.2

Comment

If you really want MediaPlayer8, there's a Beta2 available at savagenews (http://www.savagenews.com/software/wmp8beta/wmp8beta.html). This version is said to work with XP AND Win2k. Just no version for 98/ME up to now.

I didn't test it, so use at your own risk. But you really should know that when using anything beta (or any version x.0) from M$.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
            X