Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboots with capture

I just got my marvel g400, and everything went fine normally

The problems come when i try to capture....
    It seems to reboot after capture, or during capture with virtualdub...
    Just opening with virtualdub, capture, and either it reboots halfway during capture or when i try to exit virtualdub, the system reboots.
    Is there are issue with this?

AMD Athlon Slot-A 800mhz (no oc)
    Kingston 256mb pc-133
    IBM 7200rpm 20.5gb
    SBLive Value
    Marvel G400-tv
    3Com NIC
    Asus K7V mobo

Which OS do you use? Do you get any BSODs?

------------------
    Live long and prosper!
    Live long and prosper!

Comment

I had the same problem with a Marvel G450 eTV review board. Drove me up the wall. A tech at Matrox suggested it might be either power supply or motherboard related. I was using an ASUS P3B-F, with a 250W power supply. He recommended I upgrade to a 300W PS, but I never did. I just put my Millennium G400 back in.

Comment

I'm on win2k, and i'm using the latest drivers from their site. No bsods, it's just whenever i capture, i stop capturing, try to close the app, the system just poof! and reboots.

Comment

More elaboration on my problem,
          i'm currently on their 'graphics support only' display drivers 5.20.xxxx and vid tools 2.00.012 which is a beta.
          Amazingly, the beta vid tools perform better than the later 2.00.017! The out of beta version didn't let me capture out of pc-vcr at all.

wonder what combination of the drivers would allow my marvel g400 to work correctly?
          I'm on win2k, and i still have no solved the problem of closing the capture app causing crash...reboot...

Comment

V
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I am using latest released drivers + vtools (was it 2.02?). They work fine, except that yuy2 freezes at some point but this is a known bug,

Comment

This is a known issue with W2K and the Marvel Mjpeg codec when used under non PCVCR, VFW based capture applications - and has been known to be a hassle for around 15 months since the first release of the beta drivers.

AVI_IO,Virtualdub,MSP6 etc all shows the same hassle. Some people have been very unlucky (like myself) and manage to crash W2K everytime you exit the capture application.

You can trace a good part of the history by using my username "LVR" and search on the Matrox support forum using the keyword "VFW"

------------------
                Lawrence
                Lawrence

Comment

Thanks. I'll search around the board for more information.

Comment

Working...
                  X