Low DVD quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low DVD quality

The DVD quality of my new G450eTV is poor. There is a blocky effect in dark areas and there is a jagged effect on edges. I am using the bundled DVD player. Is there an answer to this?
    Thanks

PS thanks for your tuning tip Ant, I now have 5 channels, but the picture is mighty fuzzy!

What are your system specs? Often it's more complicated than just assuming the player and card at fault.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

PowerDVD Version 2.55 does not have the same problems, the monitor picture is (almost) as good as an ATI card.
      Very strange.

Comment

Sorry Dr, my specs (at present) are - Asus A7V TB950 256mb ram NO other cards installed win96se clean install 2 x Fujitsu 13.5Gb ata66 7200 hard discs (one for C: , one for capture, Matrox HD test report ~14Gb/sec). I will be adding my SB live and PCI modem when these problems are sorted (life is complicated enough at present with just 1 card!)
        Thanks

Comment

Presuming the cpu is up to the other specs it sounds like a player issue. I'm using the full version of Cinemaster with good results. WinDVD also works quite well.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X