Clear All

• Advanced Title animation + Transitions

MSP 6 Full
    Boris Ltd.
    Lightwave 6.0
    Hollywood fx
    Title Deko for Studio 400
    Cool 3d

These are the most useful tools I have for the production of videos.
    I would like to animate titles on to video.
    Like twirl or particle fx on to video.
    Wave it in etc.
    Is it possible to use the Transitions in NLE with Titles, while Keeping alpha using channel for transparant areas.

How could I do any of this in the simplest form. (Without Boris Graffiti, Aura etc.)
    Any help is appreciated.

I hope I don't get beat up too badly for this, but my understanding (& limited experience) is that it's best to use one of the compositing apps, rather then an editor when you're going for any of the fancy titling, graphics effects etc.

There are exceptions like Boris Red I think. Also programs like P/shop or the now shareware Satori let you do it the old fashioned way, rotoscopeing etc. to individual frames as a batch operation with somewhat finer control over your matte as opposed to something like MSP.

Comment

Lets put it this way:

If you haven't upgraded to Cool3D 3.0 then do so. Also get the Plugin Madness II and III packages and install the "FlashMadness" patch. Now download all the freebies on Uleads site and start practicing. It can do the effects you need.

Once set up start practicing, rendering the clips to uncompressed *.avi's for use on the overlay tracks with a key effect. This works great, for now....and is hell-and-gone cheaper than Boris RED (which I have and it works great, but ain't even close to affordable for most folks).

Something else is going to happen that will pay back the effort even more

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 03 June 2001).]

Comment

Doc,

Have you got any contact details on Plugin Madness, and which freebies on the Ulead site should we be targetting ?

Sounds like this is a thread that should be nurtured....

Chris
        (T_I)

Comment

Working...
        X