Dazzle Hollywood Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dazzle Hollywood Bridge

This has been discussed as an alternative along with the Sony DVMC-DA2.

Can't recommend it. I need to produce much larger batch of VHS tapes than I normally do so I picked up a Dazzle Hollywood Bridge at Fry's so I wouldn't have to tie up one of my camcorders. Opened it up and plugged it it. It automatically setup as "Microsoft DV Camera". Output a DV AVI file and beautiful analog video appeared on the monitor. I thought, they've fixed it! This now has the 1394 "pass-thru" that was missing on the first batch despite being shown on the box photo.

Unfortunately I was wrong. About every 2.5 to 3 minutes the video "breaks up" with blocky jigsaw puzzle-like pieces of video from previous frames or little grey blocks randomly dance around the monitor. This garbage persists for about 1 minute and the video gets good again. About 2.5 minutes later the cycle repeats. I stopped after about 10 minutes.

If you watch less the 2 minutes of DV to analog output or don't watch carefully, you'd miskakenly think it "works great".

Removing the Hollywood Bridge and plugging in either my TR7000 or TRV120 and the same DV file outputs perfectly.

Lacking the miracle of a useful answer form Dazzle tech support this turkey is gonna be returned real soon.

The CD had MGA videowave4 and Main Actor software. I didn't install either, I was looking for possible W2K imaging device drivers and found none.

I've not bothered to try its analog to DV feature as finding one fatal flaw is enough of my time wasted.

--wally.

wally,

Thats bad news. If I understand you correctly, what you experienced is only happening when playing DV back to analog, and analog to digital works fine?

W/o going back to the old thread, somebody mentioned at that time that DV to analog did not work with the Sony DA2 either. When I tried to get an answer from Sony they refused to give me any support.

Being between a rock and a hard place.....

------------------
    Harald
    Harald

Comment

I've not tried analog in to DV.

I've not heard of any problems with the DVMC-DA2 besides some issues with MSP6 where it (MSP) expects a "handshake" from the camcorder before sending data.

The rule these days it don't buy it if you can't easily return it.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
      X