G400 / RRG TV Channel Tuning Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 / RRG TV Channel Tuning Problems

Anyone else out there having TV channel tuning problems with a G400/RRG combo? I posted to Matrox forums but problem was not resolved. I am about to RMA the RRG card but thought I would give it one last try at finding a solution.

Here is a quick description of problems:

-when I start PC-VCR, sometimes the TV channels tune OK, sometimes there are the following problems:

Problem 1. Sometimes it’s like the card has to “warm up” – lots of colored static to start, then image starts to “form up” within the static, then finally snaps to view. Then all channels work OK.

Problem 2. Sometimes channels are shifted up by one (always up). For example, I have to tune channel 6 on PC-VCR to see what I see on channel 5 on my TV. Shifted channels have video but no audio. Affects all channels and problem persists through PC-VCR shutdown/restart cycles and computer shutdown/restart cycles.

-problems last for a while (one hour, one day, several days – it varies) then disappear for a while.

I am in NTSC land tuning off antenna. Proper video standard and source is selected in PC-VCR
    Tried VT1.52 and VT1.54, full uninstall/reintall using Matrox uninstaller but same problems.
    Running Win98SE on ABIT BH6 motherboard and Celeron 300A processor @450.
    I used to have a Millennium2/RRS kit on the same computer, same antenna, same location and never had any channel tuning problems.

If you are interested, a detailed problem description can be found at:

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/002745.html

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced this and/or been able to solve this. Thanks.

ABit mobo AGP

Abit motherboards have known issues with AGP supply voltages. If you don't have an ATX certified PS, I recommend 300W, then get one if you can. It improved my TV tuner/video capture 100%.

Sorry for the late response, hope you didn't ace the card, I was doing a search and ran across your post.

kleinbull

Comment

Working...
    X