Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: How do I get my wife to stop playing "Breathless" (The Corrs)??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: How do I get my wife to stop playing "Breathless" (The Corrs)??

HELP!! 10-15 times today alone!! A 43 y/o Dancing around the room like a d**n teenager at a sock hop.

And I thought "It's a small world" could drive me crazy....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 13 June 2001).]

I feel for ya Doc... mine is a Disney nut herself!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I feel your pain; mine plays ABBA all the time...Dancing Queen makes me want to kill

Comment

Take a NIN CD. Burn a copy of it. Label it ABBA - The best of the best and leave it somewhere she can see it...
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Sounds painful

Try this one.....
          1) tell your wife that you love the way she dances when she plays it and that you'd love if she danced naked

2) get out your camcorder, fire up the matrox and tell her you want to video her dancing (naked or otherwise)to <insert her song/artist of choice> for posting on the internet

- One of a couple things could occur at this point...she goes for it which, at the very least, could make the whole thing a tad more appealing to you (you may want to consider the purchase of some noise-cancelling headphones), OR, she becomes so self-conscious of you watching her that she finds the song/artist just a little less interesting. The idea of video and posting to the world could detract from her enthusiasm as well.

-funsoul
          mmedia pc: 2x2.4/533 xeons@3.337ghz, asus pc-dl, 2g pc3500 ddram, 27g primary, 2x120 WD's, promise fastrack100, matrox g400-tv, hercules soundcard Server box: p4 1.4GHz, asus p4t, 1g ecc rdram, 27.3g primary, 3x80g maxtors, promise fastrack66, radeon ve, soundblaster Beat box: p3 500, asus p3bf6, 1024meg pc100, 45g primary, 3x45g maxtors, soundblaster, radeon ve, dazzle vcII

Comment

Try this.. It may be painful at first, however it may work.. It worked for a few times..

First try singing and dancing with her everytime she starts.. It may take several times for her to stop..

Or, sing and dance to your favorite song(s) as much as she does.

She may realize how silly she looks and sounds after seeing you. Or she could be in denial and thinks she should be on the big screen..

I feel for you!!

------------------
            Oggy Doggy
            Oggy Doggy

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Dr Mordrid:
              HELP!! 10-15 times today alone!! A 43 y/o Dancing around the room like a d**n teenager at a sock hop.
              </font>
              You could capture the Breathless video for her off of VH1...in a very lossy format.

The lack of quality will cause her to really pay attention to see whats going on in the video, causing her to stop singing and dancing.

[This message has been edited by AmSci (edited 13 June 2001).]
              WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
              Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
              HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
              HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
              Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
              ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
              Hauppauge Wintv #401
              Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

Bad: My wife is a Roger Whittaker nut.

Good: At least it's not country western, and I've gotten a little deaf to it by now.

Bad+: Now my 14 year old son is turning into a Roger Whittaker nut!

He'p me Lord!

Kevin

Comment

This is a good one: Become a Roger Whittaker fan.
                  Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

It's a great tune Doc. Probably you bought the "Unplugged" DVD by the Corrs, which by the way has great Dolby 5:1 music on it.

There is is track on same DVD called "Old Town" which has a line "this boy is cracking up". Try to play that to her 12-14 times a day. If that doesn't work and you haven't got the DVD named then buy it and enjoy looking at the lovely Corr sisters on your monitor. It will help you forget your wife!!
                    NickT

Comment

I'm not saying it's bad music. In fact it's catchy and Old Town is also pretty good. It's just that I'm OD'ing on it at this point ;-))

BTW: she's already done the skinny dance to it, but threats of posting a video of it don't scare her in the least.

Back to the drawing board. Anyone know how to make a CD wear out from excessive playback?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Yep, a coating of carborundum paste

Of course you may need to invest in a new player at the same time.

Still, I know how she feels - My 17 year old daughter is determined to drag me kicking and screaming into the century of the fruitbat (be interesting to see how many cotton that reference). As a result I tend to get to bed fairly late with my head full of all sorts of music, some of which worms its way into the brain during "downtime". So currently I'm like a Jukebox buzzin to "Teenage Dirtbag", "Dancin in the moonlight", "Zombie" (Cranberries), "MIA" (FooFighters), "Creep" (Radiohead), "ScoobySnax" (FLC), "Crawling" (Linken Park) and a dozen others. Luckily for you all, my Missus doesn't know how to operate the DVCam

Chris
                        (T_I)

Comment

Hi Doc,

My mum has a solution for the "Can't get that song out of my head" syndrome which may help here, though it is painful and slow. With the said syndrome, one simply gives in and hums/sings/taps the song to one's heart's content. Eventually one will tire of the song and finally be freed.

To transplant this method into your circumstance, the idea would be to encourage your wife to play the CD as much as possible and while you grit your teeth, think to a time in the (hopefully) not too distant future when she'll finally become bored with it and stop.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Frank Marshall (edited 15 June 2001).]
                          Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

Doc,
                            Simply pack your bags and leave home for a couple of weeks.
                            She may well find it less enjoyable (well, hopefully) and anyway you would have quiet and peace for 14 or more days.
                            Michka
                            I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
                            If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

You guys think all that is bad, my wife listens to GREEK music all day and watches the greek channel all night (which costs us an extra $15.00 CDN a month), now that's bad.

Thank god I have a basement with all my video gear to play with.

Regards,
                              Elie

Comment

Working...
                              X