Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows (Whistler) XP and Marvel G400-tv

I have a marvel g400-tv.
    I was running Whistler beta 1 and pc-vcr worked fine except when ever I closed the app. I would get an error message. this was ok because I was closing it anyways. when ever I tried to cap. video, and I tried to close the app, the window would close, but the audio would remain, and pc-vcr would remain running in the task manager until I rebooted. NOW, I have upgrade to beta2 of whistler. NOW, everytime I close pcvcr, it does the same thing as if I recorded video. the window will close, but it will remain running. this is very annoying because pcvcr has a bug where it will eat up HD space until it runs out and crashes, and that I have to reboot. I know that it isnt even supported for w2k yet, but I am hopeing there are some whistler users out there that have had the same problem and know of a solution

On a fresh install is not possible setup any vtools in whistler (XP) beta2 on a Marvel G400 (no hardware compatible found). I tried to install many ver of drivers and vtools, 2.02 too, but no one of this combination worked for me, PCVCR just stop when start capture.
    However you can check task manager to stop "pcvcr.exe" task, who probably is running more than one time.
    Which drivers/vtools combination are you using?

ciao
    Asus A7M266-D
    AMD Dual Athlon XP1800+
    DDR PC2100 512(2 x 256) MB
    Ge Force 2 MX400 - 64 MB
    OHCI 1394 controller
    Panasonic NV-DS15 Pal (DV in enabled)
    HD IBM 60 GXP 7200 rpm 60 GB (system)
    HD WD Caviar 7200 rpm 60 GB

Adobe Premiere 6.01
    Windows XP Pro

Comment

I am using the ones from the matrox website.
      after my fresh install, I just downloaded the drivers and vt and instaled them.
      I can run pc vcr and it works fine.
      if I close it, the window goes away, but the sound remains.
      taskman still shows pcvcr. if I try to end the process, nothing happens.
      the only way is to reboot

Comment

Hi,
        I remember this from the good old time of Win 95.
        Some programs, don't remember which one (maybe some games) couldn't stop the sound. (SB 16 ISA)
        A restart didn't help. Only to switch of and on the computer.
        I should check the WinXP sound card drivers first.
        I don't think it is a Matrox issue, but I am not sure.
        ...or is it a new SoundBlaster s..t?

Hope it helps

Fred H

[This message has been edited by Fred H (edited 06 May 2001).]
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

This IS a matrox related issue, as many people I have spoke to have this issue only when using the RR on WinXP...Anyone figure out how to get it to work?

Deej

Comment

Working...
          X