HighPoint HPT370A RAID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HighPoint HPT370A RAID

I will be getting a Abit KG7-RAID MB next week. This comes with a HighPoint HPT370A chipset to run the UDMA100 RAID. The board uses the AMD761 Northbridge, and VIA VT82C686B SouthBridge Chipsets.

I had a MSI6167 before with a FT66.

I use a Marvel G400-tv to capture and had problems with "bus noise" when capturing to my FT66 Raid array. With my new MB, it will be using the on board HighPoint HPT370A RAID. Has anyone tried this chipset? any busnoise?

Hi Enrico

I have a KT7 Raid with the HPT370 chipset with a 1.2Ghz Athlon and a RT2000 and a couple of IBM deskstars on the raid controller. The setup works like a dream under win2K.

There are a few folk in this forum who say to stay well clear of the highpoint chipset but it's never caused me a problem in the 7 months or so that I've had it.

Cheers

Pooh
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Same here - been running HPT370 on Intel815EEAAL mobos for the last few months and cant complain.

Been using WD400BB,WD200BB and IBM 75GXPs - all with no hassles

------------------
      Lawrence
      Lawrence

Comment

Same here. No problems capturing with the HPT370 (ABit KT7-RAID) in Win2k with two IBM 30giggers.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

I am using my fasttrak66 to stripe two disks now.
          Is there any way for me to switch over to my new Highpoint raid controller, without reformatting my disks?

Comment

Working...
          X