Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does Cacheman optimize for nle in win2000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does Cacheman optimize for nle in win2000?

does Cacheman 4.1 optimize for nle in win2000? will it even work in win2000? if not, what will...

regards

No. It's for Win9x/ME only.

Terry

Comment

Win2K does it's own optimization, so no need for third party software.

If you want you can still

1-stop un-neccossary services to give you more ram.

2-Install SP2

3-Defrage your drives before capturing ro starting a new project.

4-Don't run anything in the background unless you have over 256 mb ram.

and so on.

There is a list of modification that you can do manually that will optimize Win2K, but I try the above first and see what happens.

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

And of course there is the "optimization" that has to be done when you install Win2K:

install it as "Standard PC" and with ACPI disabled in the system BIOS.

Methinks for editing this one should be on the "must do" list, at least for mainboards a few months old. Whatcha think Elie?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

thanks, I'll try that. One side issue, why doesn't Win2000 shut down the computer like win98se did? My Win2000 requests that I manually turn off my box...am I not checking soemthing?

regards

Comment

dancray,
            most likly, it is because you followed the Doc's advice. When Win2K is installed in non-APCI mode, it can't tell the powersupply to shutdown the system. Those are the tradeoffs. I've had my box running as "Standard PC" since last august with zero problems... unless you consider having to press the power button a problem.

John

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Dr Mordrid:
              And of course there is the "optimization" that has to be done when you install Win2K:

install it as "Standard PC" and with ACPI disabled in the system BIOS.

Methinks for editing this one should be on the "must do" list, at least for mainboards a few months old. Whatcha think Elie?

Dr. Mordrid
              </font>

OH YES, I totally agree with you Doc, ACPI could cause all kinds of grief if your motherboard is as old as mine (Asus P2B-D). Both Microsoft and Asus suggests installing Win2K as Standard MPC PC otherwise the CPU utilization jumps up and down even in idle mode.

My Asus CUSL2 seems to work fine with ACPI, but it's a newer board.

Cheers,
              Elie

Comment

but with ACPI disabled...doesn't that have any negative impact on cd writing software...as in not being able to burn cds?

regards

lol...I think I meant ASPI...totally different 4-letter...disregard my message

[This message has been edited by dancray (edited 26 June 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                X