retired RR-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retired RR-G

I have finally given in and replaced my g400max with a leadtek gf mx dh. That also means taht my RR-G is no more. Does anyone know of another good capture card taht i can connect my vcr to and capture mjpeg? I have moved on to win2k. I was looking at the pinnacle dc10plus but it doesn't support win2k. anyone?

Don't retire that RR-G yet!

Comment

No kidding! Win2K drivers around the corner. Stick with it for a bit longer....

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'm sorry guys. I waited and waited...and waited, and no drivers came. Now, it's something like APril or May. My semester will be over by then! I decided to go for the hauppauge WinTV. Don't laugh...but I am enjoying the high framerates in Quake 3 and half-life. And the twinview drivers in win2k are surprisingly stable and more powerful than g400's (windows maximize correctly, no pop up's in middle, much custimization). And with the g400 MAx, i always noticed two horizontal lines on the monitors. One on the left monitor went up while the other on the right went down. Matrox driver support was a shame. Sorry to jump on the band wagon. It's been fun. I'm sad to sell the g400max...life goes on...

Comment

Yep, and I just purchased the ATI All-in Wonder 128 PRO to handle all my video capture needs. People just get sick of
          waiting ! Life does go on .... Rob_b
          pentium III @550mhz
          intel 440BX pci chipset
          512mb memory, g400max,
          cybervision C70 monitor
          win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb

Comment

Man am i glad that I got rid of that ole RR-G long ago. I see so much suffering in these Matrox pages. But still, I commend you guys for sticking with it for so long. I gotta say though, the Targa 3000 works like a wonder - no, i did not replace the RR-G with that, but don't i wish. At least I get to play with it at work...

Long live the RR-G, it seems.

Comment

Working...
            X