Blackmagic Design Introduces INTENSITY Video Capture HDMI Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackmagic Design Introduces INTENSITY Video Capture HDMI Card

Blackmagic Design introduces INTENSITY editing card that uses HDMI for only $249:

Apparently, it allows for capture of uncompressed quality from HDV cameras!

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

But can it capture uncompressed HD from a cable set top box? According to the site, it looks like it should. This might mean that I can finally record HDTV onto my HTPC. Looks promising.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
      But can it capture uncompressed HD from a cable set top box? According to the site, it looks like it should.
      Only if the box has an HDMI output.

Personally I prefer their DeckLink HD Extreme;

Explore Blackmagic Design products that include professional cameras, broadcast converters, DaVinci Resolve software and live production switchers.

Analog, HDMI and SDI I/O.

Specs sheet....

$999 list, but as with other 'Pro" cards they may well not have Macrovision etc.
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 September 2006, 13:47.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My box has DVI out, which can easily be converted to HDMI. So that would work then? It might take some hacking of XP Media Center Edition, I probably wouldn't be able to use the MCE interface to do the recording, but if it allows me to record HD at all, that would be fantastic. I'll need some bigger hard drives though.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

With the data rate of HD start thinking about a big SATA RAID array.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I've been eyeing this bad boy.

Comment

Working...
            X