Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Premiere Pro Returns To The Mac

Adobe’s Complete Video Post-Production Suite Goes Cross-Platform

SAN JOSE, Calif. — Jan. 4, 2007 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today announced that the next version of Adobe® Production Studio, the integrated video and audio post-production tool set that is part of the Creative Suite family, will be available for both the Macintosh and Windows® platforms. Film, video and web professionals currently using Adobe After Effects®, Adobe Photoshop® and Adobe Illustrator® on the Mac will soon be able to harness the power of completely new Macintosh releases of Adobe Premiere® Pro, Adobe Encore® DVD and Adobe Soundbooth™ -- all key components of an upcoming milestone revision to Adobe Production Studio.
    Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

IMO not too good a move. They weren't starting fires in the Mac market a few years ago when they dropped out and now Final Cut Pro 5 owns the whole shebang and is a great program.

It's also a far more coherent a piece of kit than PPro, which at times feels like a camel designed by a committee of platypus

Then there is the issue of trust; Adobe left the Mac video market high and dry once before, so why trust them not to do a repeat performance?
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 January 2007, 16:16.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Agree, Doc.

But I've heard the reason is the optimistic forecasts about APPLE market penetration.

Many are predicting some significant gains in marketshare.

Perhaps that's what motivated Adobe.

Maybe they think they can get a piece of that action... if even a small piece.

But there's no way I'd switch to Premiere Pro.

Final Cut Pro, on the other hand, is very tempting.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

IF Apple wanted to set the world on fire they'd do the following;

1. start selling a home/prosumer version of OS-X for use on generic Intel/AMD platforms.

2. retain a "Pro" version running on Apple hardware as a premium poduct with enhanced features of some kind as with XP Pro.

3. implement an "introductory pricing" structure for the home/prosumer product.

4. retain their cheaper-than-M$ extra license fees.

IMO they'd make a killing while driving M$ to distraction, but that would take a bit of daring I haven't seen much from Apple.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 January 2007, 16:33.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X