Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Action against Apple for WMV blocking. What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Action against Apple for WMV blocking. What do you think?

I'm a deregulation free market type of person so generally I don't believe in telling a company how to do business. Of course there are exceptions and perhaps one of them is when a company become monopolistic. I just don't like the idea of punishing them for being successful.

MS was forced to separate IE from Windows based on monopolistic business practices. And I agree with that decision because in that case you are buying an operating system, not a browser. MS was forcing something on the buyer they may not want.

But in this case they are forcing Apple to INCLUDE something in a product. I think that should be Apple's decision. If WMV is that important then people don't have to buy the Apple product.

What do you think?
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I think some clever lawyer type person thought this out, just to collect fees from apple.. like just about any other class action suit
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

If I was manufacturing a product and someone did sue me to force different things in it only becouse they want to, I'd send them to hell.

Now, if someone suggested something nicely, who knows…… .

Why Apple should feel differently?

Want to hear a story?

A while back, there was a Country where everyone and everything was supposed to be equally the same. It was in Russia, it was called Communism and it DIDN”T WORK !!!

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Working...
      X