No announcement yet.

Arrghh! RRG no worky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement card received today. All works fine.

Comment

Sometimes the RR/RRG/Marvel hardware won't be detected it you have the WDM video device installed by Windows98. Often Windows will aim all the vidcap requests to WDM even if another device is onboard. I had this problem appear just last week after reinstalling the Video Tools.

The way I fixed it was to load up another program like Microsofts VidCap or AVI_IO and use its device selection menu item to pick the Matrox MJPEG Codec. Then I went into Control Panel/Multimedia/Devices/Video Compression Codecs and removed the WDM Video Capture codec.

After that everything went to the Matrox capture driver.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 09-17-1999).]

Comment

RealSmiff,

RR-G's and Abit motherboards are not a good combination. I suggest you read these two threads in this forum:

Matrox Millennium G200 or G400Max w/RR on ABit BP6 -> No TV?
        RR for G-series -tuner and audio problems

The first one is very recent, the second is an old thread.

My gut feeling is that your problem will have the same cause - the power supply. Read both of these threads and all will be revealed.

I had your exact symptoms a couple of times and a change of PSU fixed it. Anyway - I suggest you read those two threads. I wont repeat all of the information in this message.

Good luck!

...David <optic@iname.com>

Comment

Reading this thread and the others makes me iritated as my RRG is curently going trough RMA!
          And the idiots att our resellers that phoned and complained about missing ribboncables when they were to lazy to look in the protective plastic-wraping that the RRG is shipped in!
          In either case (broken or not) it was amasingly fun while it worked!

------------------
          AMD 350MHz DFI p5BV3+
          G200Mill 16MB SDRAM
          SBlive
          128 MB RAM
          19GB HDD Space!
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
          X